The Theta Charity Antiques Show of Houston (herein referred to as TCAS), a non-profit organization chartered by the Houston Alumnae Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta, supports programs that embrace the medical, educational and cultural development of the greater Houston community and the individuals served. Only general gifts are given to specific agencies and charities in the name of the Houston Alumnae Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta. No contribution that is made would be named in honor of, in memory of, or on behalf of any specific individual.
Letter of Inquiry (Non-Permanent Beneficiaries Only)
The first step in applying is to submit a Letter of Inquiry by email. The deadline for the 2017 Show was October 1, 2016. Applications for the 2018 Show will be due October 1, 2017. Applications and questions should be sent to:
Letters of inquiry should be no more than three pages and should include the following:
- a brief statement of the history and goals of your organization a brief summary of the project for which you are requesting support, including an outline of your objectives, and anticipated outcomes
- the approximate starting date and duration of the proposed activity
- the amount requested (requests typically range from $3,000-$30,000)
- Has your organization previously received funding from the Theta Charity Antiques Show?
- If so: Year(s)_______________ Amount ($)_______________
Letters of Inquiry will be reviewed in October, and applicants will be notified no later than November 1 if the application has been accepted or denied. Those that have been denied may reapply the following year. A full proposal will be requested if the Letter of Inquiry has been accepted.
Proposals (REQUESTED ONLY IF THE LETTER OF INQUIRY HAS BEEN ACCEPTED)
Proposals should be submitted to TCAS only upon request. Since TCAS requests more proposals than it can fund, you should not interpret such a request as an indication of likely support.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is January 1, 2017.
Please submit one (1) digital copy and two (2) printed copies of the proposal to:
602 Fall River Rd
Houston, TX 77024
Notification will occur in mid-February 2017, and for those organizations that are chosen as beneficiaries, funding will occur in March 2018. An organization is eligible to receive Theta Charity Antiques Show funding every three years. For further questions, please email Melinda Chernosky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding Proposal Requirements
Proposals must include the following:
- copy of 501(c)(3) status
- description of the need that the proposed project attempts to address and how it is currently funded
- outline of the goals and objectives for the proposed project and the criteria used to measure accomplishment
- credentials and experience of the people operating the project
- financial request stating exactly how the fund would be utilized and total amount needed for the project - please include an itemized budget
- explanation for what outside professional consultation or estimates have been received relative to this project, if applicable
- sources of funding to cover operating and capital expenses
- explanation of how the program will be sustained financially beyond the initial grant - Include the operating budget
- recognition of this as a new activity or a continuation of a program or project
- number of persons served by the proposed budget
- annual agency operating budget, listing income and expenses
- list of board members and others in positions of leadership within your organization (Letterhead will be adequate)
- the names of any Thetas who are involved with your group
- letters of support from Thetas are welcomed and encouraged and are taken into consideration
- name, address, email and telephone number of one of your principals who may be contacted for additional information